Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jim Bob the Reproducer

A friend called my attention to a family's website that gave her pause. Now, we both hate to criticize folks' choices of lifestyle- unless of course, they have made them public and exposed details that IMHO are much better off left to the imagination.

The folks in question are Quiverfulls- which was a concept foreign to me- and I'm sorry that it is still not an alien idea. They live in Arkansas, which is really no excuse. It gives me the creeps even thinking that I live in the state nearArkansas- although I'm sure that the rest of the mid-south has their fair share of religious nut jobs. Thank goddess the good people of Arkansas had the collective wit not to re-elect good 'ol Jim Bob. Twice.

And what's with the J names. Did I miss a memo from the big G on that? Maybe you can make any name a j-name by just changing the first letter to J. (Jalice? Jary?) And I wonder if anyone asked the older "buddie" siblings if they would like to have another baby? "Here, your dad and I have no restraint whatsoever and I've shot another one out and it's for you!" I'd have been in juvie by the second l'il buddy. There's a link to the family rules- I'm going there next. Maybe I can pick up a few tips on how to raise kids in a crowd. Although that j-name thing makes a little more sense now that I think about it. Surely they have some trouble recalling their kids' names now and then (goodness knows I did with just 2.) So I guess when they start stuttering around, trying to come out with someone's name, "J-j-j-j-j-j" might get a pretty good response- and maybe even the right kid! I wonder if they have pets, and if their names start with J?

I harbor a secret fascination with the program about the family with some emmbers with dwarfism. Little people, big world? Not because of their configuration, but because of how their dad has done the house and yard. It's humongeous. Their show should be on DIY. He's built a pirate ship or something for the kids on their acreage and a old west-type ghost town. Or maybe I just wish he had. It's pretty surrealistic. I only watch it when I am sure no one is going to be there but me. If I drank like that, I'd worry.

I have two new favorite questions someone has asked me. Well, they aren't actually THE favorites, but they have a good chance of making the pantheon. Has anyone ever said to you, "Who is that man with a Mowhawk- I know for a fact he is a security guard?" If they have, and if you were able to answer, would you please cite your source in your comment? I think the answer might be Mr. T., but I don't have an official source, besides admitting that I have way too much knowledge about Mr. T. The next new, great question is, "What is the Internet source with the answer to how we can fix the failing economy? Please send me the link." Well, shit! Why didn't we think of that before?!!? Quick! To the Bat Cave! Hook up the Interwebs (or do we need Spidey for that?) Wait- first I'll Google, "How to find endless personal wealth so I can endow all the programs I deem worthy." BRB. I'll let you know how that works out. Meantime, get your proposals ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment